Canadian indie developer Oddbird has announced their newest game titled Arrow Heads, a family friendly archery game coming to the PC on September 21st and to the PS4 and Xbox One in early 2018.
Press Release follows:
Whether competing against other players online or teaming up against waves of enemies with your best friend on the couch next to you, Arrow Heads hands players unlimited arrows and drops them into crazy environments to test their mastery behind the bow. If shooting only arrows is too tame for you, unlock additional projectiles like guitars, fish and even unicorns! With two game modes, simple controls and tons of unlockable content, Arrow Heads is the perfect pastime for friendly but fierce competition with anyone — your friends, neighbors, extended family, or maybe even that chatty cashier from your local grocery store.
“When we started developing Arrow Heads, our goal was to create a game that allowed its players to experience the classic fun and competitiveness of local multiplayer games,” said Benjamin Scott, Co-founder of OddBird. “We couldn’t be more excited that what began as a passion project will soon be available for everyone to play. We think people of all ages will really enjoy this silly but engaging game.”
- Arena Mode: 2-4 frenemies can duke it out both locally and online, or both at the same time. Use wacky power-ups and clutch deflects to claim supremacy!
- Arcade Mode: Play solo or with friends in the fully cooperative survival mode. 1-4 archers can team up and compete for high scores.
- Dangerous Levels: As if battling your friends wasn’t hard enough, the environments in which you decimate your fellow archers can be as treacherous as your foes.
- Unlockables: What’s the point of being the best archer around if you don’t look good while doing it? You can unlock new birds, fancier bows and bizarre arrows.
- Flopping: Take an arrow to the face early in the round? Don’t worry! With after-life flopping, you can flop your body around to stay in the fight.
Arrow Heads began as a submission for the Level Up Showcase, the first event of its kind in Canada that showcases the most talented students in game design, animation and computer science programs from colleges and universities across Ontario. With its unique shooting mechanic, fun design and exciting level of competition, Arrow Heads won Best Overall Game and Artistic Achievement at the 2016 Level Up Showcase competition. Arrow Heads was also the winner of the 2016 ESAC Student Game Competition and was named a semifinalist for the 2016 Adobe Design Achievement Awards.
Arrow Heads will be available on September 21, 2017 for Windows PC via Steam for $14.99. The Xbox One and PlayStation 4 versions will follow in early 2018. For more information, visit http://oddbirdstudio.ca/arrow-
For more on Arrow Heads and all things gaming make sure to keep it tuned to Link-Cable.